Re: Did TR give or get the "Tractor" motor ? & 80-days rally

To: "HAMILTON DOUG" <douglasehamilton@home.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Did TR give or get the "Tractor" motor ? & 80-days rally
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 22:52:11 -0600
From: HAMILTON DOUG <douglasehamilton@home.com>

>I recall reading in one of the British vintage sports car magazines that
>Standard had acquired the Vanguard engine design under license from
>Citroen and that it was a Traction Avant motor. I took a look at the
>motor in the Traction Avant that was in the around the World in 80 Days
>Rally when it came through here...

Where is "here"?

My wife and I drove the Saturn up to Duluth Minnesota for the rally layover
day.  Too bad we didn't have the TR4 yet.

The rally pictures are at:

http://www.ememories.com/pf/default.asp?PF=A2A69B8FB799A3&PFR==650086

and for more of the scenic stuff:

http://www.ememories.com/pf/default.asp?PF=A2A69E89B799A3&PFR==650086

and yes, those URLs are actually different.  :-)

If you missed the original story I posted, email me and I will send you a
copy in a regular message.  No attachments, honest!

"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.