TR3 Carpets, Hardtop headliners and more resto questions.

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Carpets, Hardtop headliners and more resto questions.
From: "Augustine, Richard S. (LNG-SHEP)" <Richard.Augustine@Shepards.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:30:13 -0700
        I too have a carpet question.  I ordered TRF's red rayon loop carpet
set.  The color is what I would call a 'bright' red, actually a pretty good
match for the vinyl.  However, the original carpet that I removed is a much
darker red.  This color is verified by looking at where the carpet was
folded under when installed, so presumably it won't have changed much.  I'm
not saying TRF's red is wrong, just different from mine.  Does anyone have a
source of a 'dark' red carpet set for the TR3?

        I would like a source on the hardtop headliners too.  ISTR that the
TRA guidelines say that all the headliners were a 'tan broadcloth'.  The
original headliner on mine, that was mostly flaked all over the interior of
the car after 20 years of storage, was definitely black.  I was considering
some of the new foam stuff for the mostly psychological padding it would
provide when I unexpectedly hit a bump and my head contacts the hardtop.
I'm 6'5", so this used to happen quite regularly, although driving the vette
the last couple of years with its hardtop on I've relearned the duck!
reflex.

        Thanks
Scott

Scott Augustine, Colorado Springs, CO, USA
richard.augustine@shepards.com
'65 & '70 Chevelles, '61 Corvette, '59 TR3A
'53 Morris Minor, '66 Amphicar, etc.,