Re: Starting Problem

To: sppchicago@excite.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Starting Problem
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:01:29 EST
In a message dated 01-03-12 08:22:07 EST, sppchicago@excite.com writes:

<< What next?  My guess is that I'm not getting a spark.  But what could have
 happened?  The car was just sitting in my garage. >>

Steve,

You gotta start with the basics...fire, fuel and air!

Confirm whether you have sufficient spark at the plugs first....if not, check
the dist cap and the distributor "innards" (rotor, points, cond) and outside
connection to the coil - then the coil itself....remember, 70, 80, 90% (pick
one!) of all fuel problems turn out to be ignition related!

What could have happened over the winter???  Lot's....mice love to chew on
wires; moisture will oxidize worn connectors....

Good luck,

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (chassis finished - busy grinding & sanding the body - check
out my progress by visiting
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1270980)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (soon to shed its winter covers!)