Re: Paint on clean frame?

To: ralittle2@mindspring.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint on clean frame?
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:06:34 EST
In a message dated 01-03-12 13:00:15 EST, ralittle2@mindspring.com writes:

<< I've been reading the discussion as to whether to paint or POR-15 a clean
 frame and the concensus is to just paint it rather than apply POR-15 and I
 was just curious as to why this is the preferred method? >>

For me...it was an issue of duplicating the look of a factory painted frame
with much better protection than the 1976 frame painting process
afforded...as with most of what we do under the broad reach of "restoration",
it really boils down to personal preference.

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (chassis finished - busy grinding & sanding the body - check
out my progress by visiting
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1270980)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (soon to shed its winter covers!)