87MM Liners Converted from smaller bores

To: wallaces@superaje.com
Subject: 87MM Liners Converted from smaller bores
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:17:02 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi,

I vaguely remember thrashing through this once before.

The key might be having the right machine shop.   I bored out a set that
might have been 83mm or 86mm, but it is 87mm now and it spent 8 years in my
race car, with only one ring change.

They sized each liner to it's matching piston, and as a engine builder for
the stock car crowd they knew what I doing with engine. They are also very
familiar with wet sleeve engines and have done some custom work for John
Deere.

I have another set of liners on the shelf that will get bored out to 87mm, if
I should ever need them.

Sometimes living in Iowa can be a very good thing...

Joe Alexander