Re: tr6 water pump question

Subject: Re: tr6 water pump question
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 22:02:10 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Jeff :

The modern water pump bearings are "lubricated for life", so do not
require lubrication.

The hole is a 'weep hole', it goes downward when you mount the pump.  If
the seal starts to leak, you'll see the water come out that hole.  (I
believe it's real purpose is to ensure that no air pressure can build up
between the bearings, which might blow the grease out of the bearing,
but either explanation works <g>)

Randall