Re: tr6 water pump question

To: slatonj@vci.net
Subject: Re: tr6 water pump question
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 07:16:57 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Hi Jeff,

I have 5 engines and only one of them has the zerk fitting on the water
pump.  I believe it is in the 12:00 position.  I don't think my other
pumps have a hole in which to install a plug or zerk.  Most manufacturers
do suggest runnning the pump dry to lap in the seal.  I do mine with a
drill or some other suitable tool before I install on the vehicle.

Jay Welch, Abington MA
1971 TR6 project, 1973 TR6 driver
Member "Cape Cod British Car Club" @
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/