EQ#1- Engine rebuild

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: EQ#1- Engine rebuild
From: ebk@buffnet.net
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:50:49 +0000
Hi List!
        1st I want to thank everyone who responded to my last concern about
receiving the TR Digest list. I was told that the last TR Digest was
received last Fri.
        Now that I know this I have another question. I'm going to start
rebuilding my TR4/A engine that has be disassembled & stored in boxes
from '72. I have had the cranked degressed & magnaflux to find out that
it's OK & will take std. size bearings. I'll get it polished later when
I'm ready to install it. I now have to remove the cyl. sleeves, studs,
But what else?, Before I have it cleaned? I've been told to have it
'Boiled'? or 'dipped'?  & in what?
        I also want it magnaflux for cracks. What else should I have magnaflux
for cracks?
        The 'finial question' [for this posting]. I'm going to Bronte Park car
show this Sunday & there is a sales person that sells 'paint ot
protective' for the Inside of the engine. What is the TR List's input on
the use of this? Is it a waist of $money?
        I need to know quickly so I can go to the bank to get $Cnd money to
cover the cost, If I do get it. So please respond to my 'finial
question' directly, if possable.        TIA,    -Cosmo Kramer