POR_15 Engine painting

To: <fergie@ntplx.net>
Subject: POR_15 Engine painting
From: "David Rogers" <dnja.rogers@bigpond.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 13:12:29 +1000
Cc: "Triumph Digest List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Michael,
    You were asking about experience with the POR-15 Engine Paint. I used
the POR products when doing my restoration in 1999. The block was chemically
stripped during rebuild then when complete, I used the metal prep stuff they
recommend then put two good coats of the gloss engine paint on.
    The only problem I ran into was that it took about two weeks to
completely dry! Since then it has been rock hard and I have had no problems
with engine cooling. I have a stock metal fan  and a switchable electric fan
also which I have not had cause to use as yet.  Our summers get hot here
too!

Dave Rogers
62 TR-4 CT12038-0
Canberra Australia