Re: Skolnick - US Government Had Prior Knowledge Of Emergency

To: "Randall" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Skolnick - US Government Had Prior Knowledge Of Emergency
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:53:50 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> : If you were in Dubya's shoes, wouldn't _you_ assume that you were at
> least one of the targets of the attack

During the Arnhem Assault(if memory serves- may have been D-Day) the German
Field Marschall, Von Kluge(I think it was) looked at the allied paratroops
coming down in the distance, and wondered "Why would they drop here?" then
turned around and stated "ME! It's ME!"  It doesn't take a genius(no offense
intended towards anyone) who is in a position of leadership to realize they
may be a target when their country is under attack.

Now my memory may be a little faulty, but that is how I remember it
happening, according to history I've read. Regardless my memory, the fact
still stands he made a prudent move in assuming he had a target on his back.

Scott