ROCKER LUBRICATION

To: triumph mail list <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Triumph 6-pack mail list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: ROCKER LUBRICATION
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:02:15 -0400
Hi all-Just did a valve adjustment and out of curiosity decided to start
the car with the valve cover off to check my work. What I didn't expect
is the lack of oil squirting all over the place. The oil ( at idle )
seems to slowly ooze from around & out of the oil hole in the rocker.
Years ago when I had a 240Z I did the same test with very different
results, what a mess! I am aware in the vast improvement in the oiling
system on the Z as well as the need to oil the over head cam but what a
difference. I am using straight 30w Penzoil & the pressure at cold idle
was 75lbs.

--
Mitch Seff
75 TR6