Re: ROCKER LUBRICATION

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ROCKER LUBRICATION
From: DRSkruffy@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:57:46 EDT
105671.471@compuserve.com writes:

> Larry, the story I heard is that Pennsylvania crud has a high content of a
> waxy component.  The oil does a good job of lubricating the wear surfaces
> but incidental surfaces (passages, rocker pedistals, misc internal
> surfaces) tend to accumulate a waxy residue (sludge).  Randall's comment
> about the weep holes clogging due to low oil flow makes sense.  Since your
> Toyota probably has a higher oil flow to the rockers (and valve stem seals,
> too) you may not suffer from this phenomenon.

I have no interest in this one way or another, but I find it hard to believe
that Pennzoil ACTUALLY uses Pennsylvania crude. I may be wrong, but I'm
willing to be educated. Also, with the appearance of detergent oils and all
the various standards (API, SAE, etc.) it seems strange that there is much
real difference. These are just my thoughts, I have no inclination to get
into a flame war.