Carb /Emission Control System

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb /Emission Control System
From: Harrymague@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 21:17:17 EDT
For the Stromberg experts, I have the following symptions.  With the vent
lines from the carburetter float chambers disconnected, I can tune the carbs
fine.  Everthing seems OK.  When I connect the vent lines up, (these lines
are the ones that connect to the side of the carbs, right next the
aircleaners, most pictures show it as #2), the car immeadiately dies.  If I
use the idle screw to increase the idle RPM, I can get the car to barely run.
 If I rev up the engine as the engine brakes/slows the car will die.

I thought the vent lever stop might be the problem.  I used some compress air
and the vent lever open and closed as advertise.  Next I thought the canister
might be the problem.  I got a new replacement, tried it and the same things
happen.

I know the simple answer is to plug up the line, run the car, but I like to
know what is realy happening.  These carbs were rebuilt by the roadster
factory.  Everything "looks" fine.  After the engine rebuild, and everything
was put back together, the car started right up.  The car then sat for a
year.  Now I have this problem.  Asked me questions.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Harry
74 TR6
Bevercreek, OH