RE: TR6 Odometer - Reset or Not???

To: Chip19474@aol.com, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Odometer - Reset or Not???
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 11:20:17 -0400
Chip,

I haven't yet read the other replies.... but I had to make this decision
myself with my 62 TR4.  My Speedo had a 44,000 number on it.  The car had many
TR4A vintage parts on it from a late 1970's refresh on the car.  The engine
and gearbox were from the TR4A donor and they were very high mileage and got
completely rebuilt in the restoration.

Since I had no sense of whether the the speedo had a valid number on it... and
I was doing a complete restroration on the car... I decided to set to zero to
start it's new life.  It's like having a new car anyway... so now the 6,600 on
the speedo his meaningful to me.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L(O) - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site