TR6 Odometer - Reset or Not???

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Odometer - Reset or Not???
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 07:49:59 EDT

Here's one of those totally non-technical questions to ponder.....What is
your thinking on resetting the "restoration-soon-to-be-completed" TR6's
odometer to zero before placing the speedo in the dash.....I'm cleaning
gauges in preparation for refit.  The original speedo (odometer) shows 66,678
miles.

On one hand, leaving the reading as it is sort of adds to the "correctness"
of the entire project; on the other hand, resetting to zero would provide a
baseline starting point for the reborn 6......I'm really not into enough deep
thinking to relate to this last argument - I'm leaning towards leaving it
where it is.  Of course, when I ran the question past my wife this morning
she gently said: "It doesn't matter to me, dear".....oh well!

Cheers,

Chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (complete rolling chassis finished - busy assembling the
engine and getting the body ready for paint - check out my progress by
visiting http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1270980)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (enjoying the beautiful fall days)