Re: Now I realllllly hate emissions testing....

To: "INTERNET:pethier@isd.net" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Now I realllllly hate emissions testing....
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 10:47:26 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:pethier@isd.net
>Somebody has to say "no" to major-league baseball.  Players are getting
equivalent
to the gross national products of small nations.  And they expect the
taxpayers
to prop this up.  This is insane.  Somebody said this is all caused by the
greed
of Carl Pohlad.  In a larger sense, it is caused by the greed of George
Steinbrenner.
<

Never underestimate the power and influence of sports fans.  Especially of
the stick-and-ball variety.  Back in the 80's St. Louis told Bill Bidwell
to quit threatening us, we were not going to build him a stadium.  So he
packe up his team and moved to Phoenix.  (to all my Phoenix friends: I am
truly sorry)

Ten years later we built his stadium - in the hopes of getting an expansion
team.  We didn't get it.  We had to buy LA's cast-off.  And for WAY too
much money.  Sure, they've done well the last couple of years but for a
long time they were pathetic.  And they still aren't worth what we paid.

Don't get me started about professional sports!

Dave