Re: "Truing" Wire Wheels

To: "Bruce E. Storm" <bstorm@usadatanet.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "Truing" Wire Wheels
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 12:32:49 -0600
At 16:25 -0500 11/17/01, Bruce E. Storm wrote:
>Have two wire wheels on my 65 TR4A that are way out of shape; the other two
>are fine. Have heard from various sources that the only answer is to send them
>back to Dayton (the wheel people). I sure would like to find some place closer
>to home, in CT or at the very least New England.
>
>Any suggestions gratefully received. Respond to bstorm@usadatanet.net so as
>not to bog down the list. TIA
>
>Bruce Storm
>'65 TR4A CT56561
>'51 GMC 5 Window, Long Bed, (For Sale)

Bruce et al --

At VTR this year, I attended a session on wire wheels hosted by a
very knowledgeable gentleman who has been working with them for
years.  He makes a business of wire wheel building and refurbishing,
and it sounds like he really knows what he's doing.  I don't imagine
it's cheap, but I don't know what his competitors charge, either.

Try "Woody" Witte of Woody's Wheel Works in Denver CO, at
303.936.0232.  NFI, just a tip.

Other people have talked about British Wire Wheel and Hendrix Wire
Wheel ... no experience with them myself.

British Wire Wheel's contact info, copied from someone else's post:
email:  sales@britishwirewheel.com
Phone:  800-732-9866

Hendrix wire wheel:
http://www.hendrixwirewheel.com
(336) 852-8909

HTH!

Dan

--
Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1957 TR3, TS15098L 'O' - with a nice shiny rear axle installed!
Front suspension back together too, & steering box coming along nicely.

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U 'O' - in storage.

Visit the Team.Net Triumph list member pages at:
http://www.thelittlemacshop.com/trsite/index.html
Photos, downloads, member bios, and more!