carb rebuild

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: carb rebuild
From: "jack williams" <jackandangie@home.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:16:46 -0600
Okay, so I have rebuilt my twin Zenith Strombergs with a kit from Moss. I
went through all the steps on the registry list for setting them up. I no
longer have any leaks by my throttle shafts etc., but I can't seem to get
them to run right. Above 3000 RPM's and everything is pretty good. Below and
it just sucks and is not even enjoyable to drive. It spits and sputters and
the only way to take of is to rev it up and slip the clutch (something I
don't want to do). I tried the troubleshooting things and by all indications
it is running way lean. If I lift the piston ever so slightly it wants to
die which, according to my reading, indicates a lean situation. However, the
needles are backed all the way out, and the plugs are a nice tan. So what
next oh wise ones?

Jack