Re: TR6 Door Adjustment

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Door Adjustment
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 13:10:47 -0500
GGanoung@aol.com wrote:

> My 74 TR6 has the same alignment situation - came that way right from the
> factory.  Several yrs ago I had the body stripped, painted, etc.  doors were
> remounted and couldnt be adjusted to get the 1/4 inch gap out of it.  It has
> always leaked air and never sealed right.  I live with it...after all its
> British!

One thing to watch for is that the door latch has two positions.  If you are
only
hitting the first position in the striker, adjusting it deeper in toward the
center of the car won't make any difference in the door being flush to the
leading edge of the rear wing because it is still only catching the first
position in the latch.  If you suspect that this is the case with your doors,
try
adjusting the striker out toward the exterior of the car so the pin will contact
both the first and second positions of the latch.  This seems counter-intuitive
to most and is often overlooked.

Good luck!

Brian Schlorff
Power British
1242 East Ridge Pike
Plymouth Meeting, PA  19462-2754
610-270-0505
610-270-3059 fax
(new website under construction...finally!
http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars
)