RE: Securon belts for TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Securon belts for TR6
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 14:22:49 -0500
Can't answer the question regarding the belts.

However on the mounting plate.  I may have been wrong, but I mounted mine so
that the threaded insert (as you described it) was "away" from the bolt
head...  This results in a larger stress distribution area.  The hole only
needs to be as large as the bolt shank.   If you make the hole larger to fit
the insert the constant movement and stress would enlarge the hole and
perhaps cause problems down the road...

Carl