3 point belts in a TR4

To: "Triumph (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[F1CC77C0:01C17D96]
Subject: 3 point belts in a TR4
From: "Freeman, Noah" <nfreeman@baincapital.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:12:59 -0500 lc>
Hello all-

I recently had someone install the Moss 3 point inertial reel belts
(Securon?) on my TR4 (i dont like doing stuff like that myself)...he
installed (he said according to the instructions) them so that the reel
is at the bottom front forward part of the wheel well, with the belt
running up the curve of the wheel well, (up and back) until it gets to a
pivot point on top of the wheel well...It then goes around that pivot,
and over my shoulder, in teh normal fashion...

Here is the problem- by putting the reel (which is about 3 inches
across) on the front of the wheel well, he has set it up so I cant slide
the seat all the way back (because it hits the reel before it would hit
the wheel well)...at 6'3", this is a problem.

He says that position is a) where it is reinforced and b) where the
instructions say (he conveniently didnt give me the instructions)

What are peoples thoughts on this?  My thought is that the pivot point
(top of the wheelwell) has got to be (or should I say 'should be') as
strong as the reel attachment point...how about puttin teh reel there?
(or will that interfere with the folded down top?) How about somewhere
behind the wheelwell?  That would let me get teh seat all the way
back...

Thanks all

Noah

Noah Freeman
Brookside Capital + Bain Capital
111 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA, 02199, USA
voice 617.516.2922   fax 617.516.2910
nfreeman@baincap.com or nfreeman@brooksidefund.com

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]