Custom Car Hauler For Sale

To: Land Rover List <lro@koan.team.net>, LandCruiser List <LandCruisers@tlca.org>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Diesel List <dtlc@helios.net>
Subject: Custom Car Hauler For Sale
From: "Andrew H. Litkowiak" <andylit@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:21:16 -0600
It's got surface rust. It's ugly. It needs paint.

Okay, we got that out of the way. Now for the good stuff.

This is a custom built car hauler, all steel. The rails are extra wide
(23") and the entire trailer is 7' from rail edge to rail edge. The
rails are 14' long, with the total length at 18' from tongue to tail.

This is a twin axle, four hub electric brake unit. That means heavy
duty stopping power for those heavy loads. Most trailers come with
only one axle set up with brakes. To add the extra set drives the
price way up.

The ramps are heavy steel and can handle almost any load. They can be
flipped up or detached and stowed below the trailer. The trailer is
low enough to accommodate drive on/drive off without ramps for any 4WD
vehicle.

Early this year, all mechanicals and wiring were replaced/repaired.
This includes new brakes, bearings, races, etc. The tires are in good
shape and there is a brand new spare to go with it. All told, there is
$600 in parts and professional labor done this year.

This baby is ugly, but it's solid as a rock. The wide rails will
handle the largest tires with no overhang. If you've been looking for
a deal on a great trailer, this is it. I'm not going to put money into
cosmetics just so I can sell it. You get to wire wheel and paint it.

To buy this unit new, you'd have to go custom and pay $2000-$3000. For
some ugly pictures, go to:

http://www.ciadental.com/trailer1.JPG
http://www.ciadental.com/trailer2.JPG

Why am I selling it? Two reasons.

First, I'm doing a lot of stuff around here that requires a multi
purpose flat trailer (just purchased). The car hauler doesn't handle
lumber and scrap very well. I can't justify having both trailers here.

Second, I need the money :-)

Asking $1200 OBO. Located in the Chicago area. Recent receipts
available.

Andy Litkowiak