TR7 gauges

To: JIseman457@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR7 gauges
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 20:23:07 EST
On Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:58:58 EST
JIseman457@aol.com
Wrote Subject: TR7 Guages

My  TR7 ran out of fuel one day last fall. Since that day the fuel gauge,
voltmeter and temperature gauge have been dead.

Does anyone know of a fuse or other device  (and its location) which may have

blown causing this problem. All of the fuse box fuses appear to be OK.

Thanks for your help.

                                                    JIseman457@aol.com

I don't know for sure about the TR7, but it certainly sounds like a failed
voltage stabiliser to me.

That is an electrical solid state item that ensures a steady current flow to
the instruments so that they provide a steady reading instead of fluctuating.

On the earlier Triumphs it is attached to the back of the Speedometer, and
should not cost very much to replace.

Regards

Leon

1921 French Grand Prix driver: Albert Guyot, to Ernest Ballot ,
"Therebs only one winner in any race: the man who gets home first."

1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible (Diva)
1988 Volkswagen 1600GT Scirroco Coupe (Driver)
Wimbledon, London, England.