Re: Skip and miss (long )

Subject: Re: Skip and miss (long )
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 19:31:39 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Here's another observation- I noticed the fuel level in the filter was
> really low, the glass never got more than 1/ 2 full when I watched it.
> At one point, it was so low that I could see a stream of fuel flowing
> out of the fuel tank side of the filter- the filter wasn't even filling
> up at idle.

Paul :

This really depends only on the angle of the filter, not on fuel flow.
If the outlet port is covered with fuel, then any air in the filter will
stay right there, it has nowhere to go.  Eventually of course, it gets
mixed with the fuel and sucked out, but it can take a long time, without
meaning anything else.

My guess would still be water in the fuel.  Gas line "dryer" really
doesn't solve the problem, it just keeps the water from freezing.  It's
mostly alcohol, which mixes with the water, but with more than a tiny
amount of water present, will not mix with the gasoline.  While it's
possible to run an engine on alcohol/water, the mixture is all wrong.
Wouldn't hurt to drop the float bowls and clean them, tho.

I've no experience with the Lumenition, but IMO electronics rarely give
any indication of impending failure.  They either work, or they don't.

Randall