Re: Non LBC Radio Removal Help

To: Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: Non LBC Radio Removal Help
From: corey.sherman@rcn.com
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 21:00:43 -0500 18, 2001) at 12/20/2001 09:00:47 PM, Serialize complete at 12/20/2001 09:00:47 PM
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
In order to remove the radio, you require a "special" tool (about $3.00).
A pair of "U"-shaped tools have small notches to latch on to the radio's
inners and push-release the bracket. Two are require, pushed-in
simultaneously in order to release the head unit.

Crutchfield.com carrys them:
http://pix.crutchfield.com/lifestyle/2000/h150DINTOOL.jpeg
________________________
Corey Sherman
corey.sherman@rcn.com

I need to remove a factory radio from from a 98 Ford Windstar. The radio
has four small holes in each corner of the face. I pushed allen wrenched
in
all four holes and the radio seemed to get loose but I couldn't get it
out.
Am I doing it the right way and not pulling hard enough or do i need to do
something else? There isn't much to pull on and I am trying not to break
anything. I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks and happy holidays to everyone!
Ron Olds