Re: Non LBC Radio Removal Help

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Non LBC Radio Removal Help
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@theriver.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:54:25 -0700
Ronald Olds wrote:

> I need to remove a factory radio from from a 98 Ford Windstar. The radio
> has four small holes in each corner of the face. I pushed allen wrenched in
> all four holes and the radio seemed to get loose but I couldn't get it out.
> Am I doing it the right way and not pulling hard enough or do i need to do
> something else? There isn't much to pull on and I am trying not to break
> anything. I appreciate any help I can get.

Might be similar to the Philips unit I have in a German car.  It has four small
holes on the front.  On it you must push (2) u-shaped brackets into the holes
and
then the radio can be withdrawn.  Any stiff metal shafts of a small enough
diameter will do (such as allen wrenches) but all four must be pushed at once.
Wasn't sure from your description if you has tried it this way.  Good luck.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson