TR4 Brake Light Switch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Brake Light Switch
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 01:02:17 +1100 FILETIME=[97999500:01C1913A]
Listers,

My TR4's brake light switch has failed a mere 3 or so months after the
fitting. It doesn't work at all, not even under heavy brake pedal pressure.
I have checked the wiring leading to/from it and it is fine.

I believe that the heat from my TR4's extractors has fried the switch, a
symptom that some of you have apparently experienced yourselves.

Any suggestions on what to do to extract some reliability from my brake
light switch? Is any particular supplier of TR4 brake light switches
superior?

Many thanks in advance,
Michael
63' TR4