Triumph Trivia

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph Trivia
From: HDRIDER570@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 14:56:34 EST
As I was going through the stock of Speedometers to find a suitable one for
my 63 TR4 I found one that still has a sticker on the face of the glass that
seems to have been in place since the car was new.  It reads

I M P O R T A N T

WHEN RESETTING TRIP COUNTERS
PUSH KNOB AND ROTATE CLOCKWISE
UNTIL ALL COUNTERS ARE AT ZERO

The label is clear and the text seems to have been a brown colour (It is very
faded now).  The label was placed on the face of the glass and located so
that the top edge of the sticker is just below and parallel to the bottom of
the main odometer.  All of the text is center justified as is my example. It
measures 1 9/16" wide by 11/16" tall.

It's the first one that I have seen.  It is on a flat glassed TR4 type JAEGER
speedometer Part number SN6325/00  209182 with a red coloured high beam
indicator which if memory serves me is the earlier type.

EJH
Petaluma CA