Re: Happy New Year

To: lennart.broekhof@sun.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Happy New Year
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 15:32:40 EST
In a message dated 1/2/02 11:36:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lennart.broekhof@sun.com writes:

> Also, I will let the person know from who I bought the car that there
> is just a small topographic difference between California and Alabama :-)
> (He said it was from California...)

maybe he will say he meant it was from L.A.    -   Lower Alabama     ;-)
But seriously IMHO, a car that spent its life in the USA deep south,
a Southern car if you will, is just as well off as a California car in terms
of the likelihood of it being rust-free.
For example, here in Charlotte, NC its snowing right now - forecast calls
for 5 - 10 inchs by noon tomorrow - and they started salting bridges and
overpasses last night. You won't find any salt on the roads in Mississippi,
Louisiana, Alabama or the lower half of Georgia - EVER - unless it falls
off some transplanted Yankee's car on his way home from visiting the
relatives up north. We recently finished a frame off resto of my 73 TR6,
which spent most of its life in Mississippi, and the only rust repair needed
was a couple patches in the driver's side floor pan.

Cheers

Jack Mc
73 TR6
2 69 GT6+s
70 GT6+
"A gentleman does not motor about after dark" Joseph Lucas