CA legislation (DMV stuff) does something right!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: CA legislation (DMV stuff) does something right!
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 06:02:34 -0800
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
Yesterday I went to my local AAA office to get the new toy (Bass boat)
registered.  I expected a little hassle in registering the trailer because
in Texas where this was last registered you apparently don't need a title
for them.  At any rate here you do and that part went very smoothly, got my
new title etc.  The surprising part was that beginning this year trailers
are now registered with a permanent plate.  That is you by it once, no
yearly stickers etc.  There isn't even any place to put them and right
across the plate on top in red letters is Cal Permanent Plate (or something
to that effect). There is a small yearly fee like that of a boat (I believe
she said $3) but no more yearly trailer licensing fees and stickers to
worry  about like that of your car!
This may not sound like much of a big deal, but to someone with 9
registered vehicles, 2 that I no longer have to worry about is great news
to me
Anyone wanting a tow trailer but not wanting the expense an hassle of
registering another vehicle every year now won't have to worry about it!
And I have to say that going the AAA route for registering this time made
their renewal fee all worth it by not having to deal with the DMV!!!!
Now if I could only get a fleet discount on my insurance . . .Hummmm