Re: Never seen a carb / last carb in USA

To: <GreenBugeye@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Never seen a carb / last carb in USA
From: "Rave Racer" <Ravewar@rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 11:43:56 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
    I've always felt that anyone who upgrades their car should at least know
the workings of a Carb just as basic knowledge.  It comes with the territory
of being an enthusiast.  Rice kids rarely even know what they're doing when
it comes to their own cars, let alone an older car.
     I learned about carbs when I did my pilots licence and fixing go carts
at an arcade.  This should be common knowledge for anyone who CLAIMS to work
on cars whether or not they have a carb.

    As far as carbs in NA, the gen 1 VW beetle is still being built in
Mexico.  I beleive it is still carbbed.  The gen 1 Rabbits in South Africa
have been updated and are FI now.

       Rave Racer
'89 Jetta 1.8L 16V GTX
 http://www.vwot.org/members/Pete.html
'87 Audi 4000 Quattro Sedan
 http://www.audifans.com/registry/view.php?action=viewCar&carid=110
'72 Triumph GT6
 http://motorcities.com/contents/01I3H011116682.html
'83 Toyota Tercel (yoda)     Possible future Sandrail donor...  Maybe