Re: Never seen a carb / last carb in USA

To: erik@midwestfilter.com, GreenBugeye@aol.com, bbrewer@starband.net
Subject: Re: Never seen a carb / last carb in USA
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 20:30:36 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/4/02 11:15:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
erik@midwestfilter.com writes:

<< Click and Clack think it was the Yugo (1986?)... but they're wrong. >>

Yugo used Bosch FI, probably the best part of the car.

 >>The last one I know of was the Chevrolet Spectrum (before they started
calling
 it a Geo) which used a carb at least until 1988. This car was built for GM
 by Isuzu.>>

The  ~ 85 Chevy Nova used a carb as well. This car was just a rebadged Toyota
Corolla later suld under the Geo brand. Built by NUMI  New United Motors Inc
or something like that.

I have a 88 Ford Ranger small pickup that uses a carb.

Harold