Re: TR3B build dates

To: mathews@uga.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3B build dates
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 22:46:59 EST
In a message dated 1/4/2002 9:53:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, mathews@uga.edu
writes, quoting from the VTR web site:

> 1963 (May)  TCF1        First w/TR4 engine
> 1963 (Oct)  TCF2804     LAST TR3B
>
> My BMHIT build sheet for my 3B TCF1520L says a build date of Aug 17, 1962.
>
> Are there any other TCF owners out there with build sheets that can provide
>
> their dates? And of course, any comments on this discrepancy?

Well, TCF1564L was built right around that date, as I recall. (Confidential
to Brad K., who now owns this car: I will someday find that build record,
photocopy it and send it along!)

I believe that the "1963" dates shown above (as on the VTR web site) should
indeed read 1962. I've never read anything to indicate that the 3B was built
any later than 1962, although many were built late enough in the year (from
mid-summer on) to have been retitled and sold as 1963 models by the time they
arrived in the US.

We'll have to fix that page on the VTR site. ;-)

--Andy

Andrew Mace, Vice President, Member Services
  and 10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Vehicle Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>