RE: Never seen a carb / last carb in USA (no detectable LBC)

Subject: RE: Never seen a carb / last carb in USA (no detectable LBC)
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 19:49:31 -0800 c om>
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Joe Curry (I think) wrote :

> I think you had better check your facts.   I think I heard rather recently
> that the old Beetle has recently been discontinued in Mexico.

According to an article published in 'Autotalk' last October, "Volkswagen de
Mexico has announced it will continue producing the classic VW Bug for an
indefinite time. "

The "new" bug, which is fuel injected (and water cooled) has also been
produced there (in a different plant) since 1997 or so.

Randall