Re: Dash finishes

To: "Freeman, Noah" <nfreeman@baincapital.com>, "Lennart broekhof - SunPS ITops RSC4" <lennart.broekhof@sun.com>
Subject: Re: Dash finishes
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 22:58:41 -0600
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Its fun to have exotic burlwood.  Makes me feel like im driving some
supercar.

Then I certainly have an exotic supercar.  The dash in my Europa is a burl
of koa.  Not veneer, but much thicker, with rounded edges.  It was
improperly-mounted when I got the car, but I had it laminated to a 1/2"
Baltic Birch 9-ply substrate, since the dash on the Europa is meant to be
structural.

About the appearance of the rest of the car, the less said, the better.

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org