Re: Header Paint/Coatings?

To: bob <rmf3860@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Header Paint/Coatings?
From: Jim Davis <jdavis@ldl.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 08:28:35 -0500
Cc: six pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bob,
I've tried Eastwood's header coatings and it lasted about a year of
driving approx. 5,000 miles before flaking in some areas and showing
some discoloration. I had my stainless steel headers ceramic powder
coated in a "polished stainless" color by
Performance Coatings
9768 Feagin Road
Jonesboro, GA 30237
770-478-2775
and am very satisfied after 2 years and approx. 10,000 miles of use.
Minor discoloration in a few small places is the only sign of use. I
don't recall the cost, but it was considerably less than Jet-Hot, which
is the company to which you refer. Performance Coatings has also done
other powder coating for me and the parts always come out looking great.
They are a small, almost mom & pop type business, but nice to work with.
NFI,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO