Re: Header Paint/Coatings?

To: "bob" <rmf3860@erols.com>, "six pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Header Paint/Coatings?
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 08:43:41 -0500
During 1987 to 1990 while I was resoring my TR3A, I bought a small can of
"Stainless Steel" paint from Bill Hirsch in New Jersey.
http://www.hirschauto.com/

I had my exhaust manifold sandblasted and I brushed on a coat of this 1200
deg F paint.  It still looks great after 11 years.

Over the last 11 years, I have driven my TR 60,000 miles (to VTR in Portland
Oregon in 2000, and in 2001 to TRA in Baltimore, then Bowie, and to VTR
Colorado - 2nd in my concours class in all cases).  The judges never
commented on the condition of the painted finish on my exhaust manifold
after all this time.  But I notice it seems to be starting to flake a bit.

Also check out http://www.panteraplace.com/page104.htm for another satisfied
user.

Don Elliott, Original owner, 1958 TR3A - TS 27489 LO
Montreal, Canada