Re: 71 tr6 dash color

To: wjw2@epix.net
Subject: Re: 71 tr6 dash color
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 19:18:44 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Bill,
        I refinished mine by stripping the old plastic (that's another story),
  lightly sanding, and staining with 2 coats of Minwax Walnut.  This
stain color brought the faded French Walnut veneer back to the  original
shade, as judged by the color on the inside of my cubby box  door.
        I finished with Minwax spray Spar urethane, satin finish.
        The TRF replacement dashes are well crafted, but a bit too light  in
color, for my car.  I'm sure there was variation in the colors as they
left the factory in the '70s.
        There are fancier boards available.  I've seen a burl dash that  was a
real piece of art.  I prefer the original look.  Whatever makes  you
happy, eh?
                Good Luck,
                        Rick  '73 TR6 CF257OU