Non-LBC: Help with brake problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Non-LBC: Help with brake problem
From: hansenc@zianet.com
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 15:44:51 GMT
I need some help with my 87 Mazda.  On cold mornings only, the first time I
use the brakes the pedal is very stiff and there is almost no braking, for
about 1-2 seconds.  Then the pedal will soften slightly and I have full
braking until after the next cold night.  Makes for a little excitement
which I don't need.  No vacuum booster on this truck.  Master cylinder is
about 4 years/50000 miles old.  I flushed the fluid and bled the brakes
(thinking I had a little water in it somewhere) nice clean fluid now but
still the same problem.

Any ideas?