The Clown Prince of CAN AM

To: Rikrock@aol.com
Subject: The Clown Prince of CAN AM
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 17:18:07 FILETIME=[462245D0:01C1979F]
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
>From: Rikrock@aol.com
>To: greenman62@hotmail.com
>CC: Triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: DOT windshield requirements & The Clown Prince of CAN AM
>Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:52:05 EST
>
>Greetings!
>
>Gotta wave my hand on this one too.  I still display a couple PRDA (Polish
>Racing Drivers of America) stickers!
>
>Oscar shows up at Giant's Despair Hillclimb every year.  He no longer
>competes, but he does a little announcing.  I've never talked to him, but
>if
>he shows up this year I'll be sure to ask him about this.
>
>Rich Rock
>Pottstown, PA

  I had the good fortune to interview him for Victory Lane Magazine a
  number of years ago...

  Easiest interview I ever had... All I said was "Hi Oscar, I'm from
  Victory Lane..." 30 minutes later I ran out of tape... He was quite
  happy to wait as I flipped over the cassette and was still goin'
  strong when they dragged him away a few minutes later....

  BTW, I found out later that back in CAN AM days it was Oscar
  Kovaleski's wife and Madeline Davis (wife of Victory Lane Publisher
  Dan Davis who filled an empty display can of SIMONIZE WAX with
  butterscotch pudding and walked around the paddock eating "wax" out
  of the can.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)