Re: TR3 Speedometer & Tach

Subject: Re: TR3 Speedometer & Tach
From: Randall <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 09:02:36 -0800
Cc: "[unknown]" <pmmacy@att.net>, List Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
David Massey wrote:

> And, if memory serves, they are different than the ones used on the smaller
> gauges.  It is possible someone put the wrong nuts on the wrong gauge.

They are definitely different.  I believe the large ones are M5 x 0.75
(as someone already posted), the small ones are BA 3  (which is close
but not quite to M4 x 0.75).

The original knurled nuts are different ODs, I've seen lots of them that
just seem to bind for no apparent reason.  And of course any attempt to
fix the problem with the wrong pitch tap or die just leads to disaster

Randall