TR-4 Clutch Noises

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-4 Clutch Noises
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 09:22:57 -0800 (PST)
Hey Folks,

I've got a question about a strange clutch noise in a TR-4.

When I depress the clutch . . . it sounds almost like a kid who has put cards
in the spokes of his bicycle.
Clickety,  Clickety, Clickety, Clickety. . . .

It is much worse when it is cold.  As a matter of fact, when it is hot, it
might go away all together.

It is a TR-4 clutch . .with the fingers and not the diaphragm.
The car doesn't see much use at all.  Less than 100miles per year (trying to
change that)

The really annoying thing is . ..  about 3 years ago . . I had the same problem
and because the noise really scared me, I ended up replacing the clutch  (3
piece kit if I remember right)

after a severely boneheaded mistake that kept the car out of comission for more
than a year, and then some other factors that added another year . . . the car
is puttering along once again.

However the clutch sound is back with a vengence.

I'm not that worried about it. .  . the clutch seems to work fine.
And I have my daily driver TR-6 to keep me busy.

Any ideas?

Scott Tilton
Didn't drive the TR-6 cause of snow yesterday.
Didn't drive it today cause the car cover was frozen to the car!
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/