Re: TR6 Engine Rebuild p qcorp.net>

To: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@compaq.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Engine Rebuild p qcorp.net>
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 15:06:34 -0600
At 02:16 PM 1/8/2002 -0600, Williams, Bill (Atlanta) wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I have a buddy who has pulled his 76 TR6 engine and is doing a rebuild.
>

>He has had 80 thousandths shaved from the cylinder head and is trying to
>find a source for 80 thousandths shims to go under the rocker pedestal.
>
>Anyone have good source?

These shims haven't been available from the big suppliers for some time
mostly because there's a better solution. At 80 thousands I wouldn't bother
to change anything since you're only off by a couple of turns on the
adjustment screws. If you want the rocker geometry _perfect_ then the
solution is to use shorter pushrods. Tubular pushrods are available in
various lengths from TS Imported Automotive and others. If you already have
a set of these high performance pushrods in the standard length you will
find instructions for shortening them in the official Competition
Preparation Manual.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566  http://www.midwestfilter.com