A type vs. J type overdrive

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A type vs. J type overdrive
From: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 20:29:23 -0500 FILETIME=[6C5CEA30:01C198AC]
Hay listers,
    A couple of questions about overdrive I'd like to submit to the list:
1. Are A type overdrives and parts much harder to come by then J types?

2. Can the non-overdrive transmission remote control tops be drilled and
tapped for the inhibitor switches for either type of overdrive?

3. Are either type of overdrive tricky to overhaul?

4. Is it difficult to fabricate the transmission tunnel covers required for an
overdrive transmission?
    As always I appreciate your help and expertise.

Bob Rochlin
72' TR 6