Re: Tickets

To: elliottd@look.ca, vafred@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tickets
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 21:32:22 EST
In a message dated 1/8/2002 9:17:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
elliottd@look.ca writes:

> Does anyone know who invented and patented the speed camera ?
>
> See below for the answer.....
>
> Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com> wrote
>
> > Here in N. Va. most of the localities are now installing picture taking
> > camaras for red light runners, my beef about this, the manufacturer gets
> > commission ($28.00 here) for every ticket written, well how long before
> we
> > start paying the ticket writing person a bonus, and yes as usual the
> camaras
> > are not installed at proven dangerous intersections, only high volumn
> dollar
> > maker intersections, to me this is the same as radar which never saved
> one
> > life or one accidnet, raised a lot of money though.  "FT"
>
> Answer :- It was Maurice Gastonides from Belgium who raced and rallied with
> and for Ken Richardson on the Standard - Triumph Works Teams in the 1950's.

Actually, the spelling (and I always do this myself) is Gatsonides. Check out
the corporate web site <http://www.gatso.nl/intro.html>, where there's even a
picture of "Gatso" with an early TR! Unfortunately, he is no longer with us.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
 Triumph Herald engine with wings.