Roger William's book

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roger William's book
From: "Dennis Costello" <djc.tr6@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:00:53 -0600
I have mostly finished my Christmas copy of the restoration manual, and
other than putting a LOT of self doubt in my head about my capabilities, I
have two questions:
-What is he referring to on page 68 when he recommends "stoving wash-black
etch paint"?
-On page 133, picture 13-6 show what appears to be a CV joint on the inside
axle half shaft. Is that a one-off custom, or is someone doing those?
Being a lifelong gearhead, and never having had the gumption, money or
courage to do a restoration, I have been reluctant to "go for it", and this
book hasn't helped. I am as fearful of getting over my head and not
finishing as ever. I think what would be the worst of it is the warm summer
evenings when the pile of parts rest in the shop with me in a lawn chair and
no ride!