RE: TR3 heater hose clamps

To: "Triumphs@Autox Net (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 heater hose clamps
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:14:19 -0800
David :

Sounds to me like you've got the wrong clamp for that location, probably the
next larger size.  According to the Moss catalog, there are different sized
clamps for each side of that connection, the side under the dash gets the
larger clamp (the original ribbed hose under the dash is slightly thicker
than the smooth one used under the bonnet).

If you (or anyone else) is interested, I can email you the last TR2-4 PDF
catalog that Moss published.  The prices are now somewhat out of date, but
the technical info is still good.  For instance, it has a listing of all the
different sizes of original hose clamps used, with sizes, and from that it's
easy to search to find everywhere that particular size is used.  However,
the file is a touch over 5Mb, might take awhile to download.

The other possibility is that the bulkhead connector is corroded and/or
crushed beyond usability.  The hose should be a fairly snug fit even without
the clamp.

Randall