Re: TR3 heater hose clamps

To: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, "Triumphs@Autox Net (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 heater hose clamps
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:40:07 -0500
David A. Templeton <davidt@opentext.com> wrote

> In the process of putting the engine bay back together and I got the
> complete heater hose and clamp kit.  The clamps being the original style
> dual-wire ones.
>
> I am down to the last hose, the one from the valve to the firewall. I
> tighten down the clamp and when I can go no further the hose is still
loose
> and can be slid off.
>
> Are specific clamps for specific hoses?  They looked like they in the
right
> place.   '59 TR3a

David - Make sure everything is clean and dry.  Put some Red Loctite Gasket
maker on the pipe end and smear a bit inside the hose.  Slide it on and
tighten the clamp.  You will have to re-tighten these clamps every few days
till they are secure and stay that way.  Then check them every month after
that.  Ifg you don't the "oily" nature of 50/50 antifreeze will make them
slip off again.

Don Elliott
Montreal