Re: Old Brake Pads (another long and rambling story)

To: elliottd@look.ca, sdtilton@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Old Brake Pads (another long and rambling story)
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:49:57 EST
In a message dated 1/10/02 10:28:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
elliottd@look.ca writes:

<< When I did my full body-off restoration from 1987 to 1990, (80,000
 miles) my neighbor turned the rotors but I put the same pads back in.  Since
 then, I've done another 60,000 miles on these pads and they are still not
 half worn.  And there is no black dust either.

 Don Elliott, Original Owner, 1959 TR3A
 Montreal, Canada >>

Wow, you guys must not have any hills to drive up and down.  In Western
Pennsylvania 20,000 miles on front brakes ( any car) is considered normal and
30,000 is only achieved by Sunday drivers  ;+)

Harold