Differential Pinion Seal

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Differential Pinion Seal
From: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:12:55 -0800
Leather vs new style.
I went through this when I had my differential done last year.  After
talking to several experienced shops in the area, I went with the leather.
It fits the space better even though the synthetic is supposed to fit the
same specs.  It seals better, because the leather is more forgiving.  The
trick to a leather seal is to soak it overnight in oil.  Of course the
condition of the shaft is very important, but speed sleeves are available to
cover any grooves.
Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6 Daily driver
Domestic Buyer
Moss Motors, Ltd.